Senior Appraiser - CBRE
Posted: June 25, 2012
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world's largest commercial real estate services firm (in terms of 2011 revenue). The Company has approximately 34,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. Please visit our Web site at www.cbre.com.
To be considered for a position with CBRE, please apply online at http://cbre.com/careers. Click on "Search and Apply" on the left side of the screen. If a pop-up window does not open, please check your browse's settings. On the login window either login with your existing username and password or click on "Register Today" to create one. Once you are logged in you can either apply for specific jobs or submit your general application using the link at the bottom of the page.
Current CBRE employees should apply online through the myHR section of Employee Self Service.
EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V
The Valuation and Advisory Services group provides independent, accurate, reliable and timely valuations critical to the success of every real estate transaction or financing. This is accomplished through the accumulation and dissemination of comprehensive data on commercial real estate throughout the world.
Independently prepares market value appraisals on less complex real estate assets with review by Director, MD or SMD (one of whom must be MAI). Prepares real estate appraisal reports from start to finish on simple or non-complex properties, including all Appraiser responsibilities as well as performing detailed appraisal analysis in order to value real estate. May mentor trainees and/or develop new client relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies value to be estimated by studying appraisal request, problem to be solved, and scope of the project, such as, mortgage financing, insurance replacement cost calculation, estate valuation, tax appeals, equitable distribution, corporate employee relocation, investment, or sale; identifying property characteristics.
- Determines valuation method by selecting approach and techniques for valuing property, i.e., cost, direct sales comparison, and income capitalization; identifying property characteristics and attributes.
- Researches and analyzes property information by collecting, verifying, and analyzing data regarding inventory of competitive properties, sales and listings, vacancies and offerings, absorption rates, demand studies, social, economic, governmental, and environmental characteristics, restrictions, encumbrances, covenants, contracts, declarations, special assessments, ordinances, cost and depreciation, income/expense and capitalization rate, history of ownership, and use of the property; conducting analyses and studies, e.g., land utilization, supply and demand, economic feasibility, highest and best use, marketability, development, litigation support; searching databases; inspecting property; interviewing people in a position to understand the property.
- Prepares appraisal report by describing physical and economic property characteristics, appraisal procedures used, and information analyzed; disclosing extraordinary assumptions, and hypothetical and limiting conditions; presenting supportive reasoning.
- Maintains organizational reputation by conforming to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP); keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking current real estate values and property development potential, including land use restrictions; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations for the purpose of conducting accurate appraisals.
- Contributes to overall organizational goals by adding to database, setting up a library, specializing in niche real estate markets, mentoring trainees, and engaging in client development.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university required
- Master's degree (MA, MS or MBA) preferred. A minimum of (5) years commercial appraisal experience
- (3) years commercial appraisal review experience and/or institutional review experience is a plus
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Must have General State Certification/License
- MAI designation preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers
- Ability to effectively present information
- Requires average knowledge of financial real estate terms and principles
- Complete understanding of approaches to value of real estate assets
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Argus, MS Word and MS Excel
- Good writing skills